Several months after South Shore Furniture implemented SAP HANA on POWER8 – a Canadian first realised in conjunction with Present – the results are impressive. The most significant indicator of the success of the new infrastructure is the accelerated transaction speed, which is now 8 times faster.
Knowing the company’s systems receive and process orders 24/7/365 and deliver to its clients within 24 hours, it is a considerable improvement.
In the video below, Claude Bernier, VP of IT for the company, explains what motivated the use of a POWER8 infrastructure instead of Intel to deploy SAP HANA.
Operational efficiency gains
The combination of unique advantages offered by installing SAP HANA on their POWER8 servers enables South Shore Furniture to now stand out in its market:
- A better response time (transaction speed 8 times faster);
- Create value with the generated data (Business Intelligence) in real time;
- Roll out workloads without having to use separate platforms;
- Faster retrieval of information through the database structure;
- Development of statistics with a high level of accuracy with almost infinite search criteria;
- System scalability to meet the new capacity requirements, for exemple;
- Access to HANA by an unlimited number of users thanks to the specificities of POWER servers.
Next step: user experience
While efficiency gains from the logistics’ chain are already measurable, the company continues its work for the improvement of the user experience.
The user experience was in fact SAP’s weak point until the arrival of S/4 HANA. Yet, it is a central point for digital transformation. This new generation of applications is timely for companies such as South Shore Furniture who invest in IT to increase their market share, sales figures and profits.
Present can help companies who, like South Shore Furniture, require their systems to be available 24/7/365, with proven reliability, simplicity and performance while controlling their costs. Our team of experts are proud to have contributed to the first installation of SAP HANA on POWER8 for South Shore Furniture.
Photo credit : © ake1150 - Fotolia.com